Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, August 3, 2007

President Bush..Just don't get it!!!


Okay, so I was reading my http://www.democraticunderground.com/ blog and I came across a good POINT!!!


Before I start I would just like to say that my heart felt thoughts and prayers go out to the families that were part of the Minnesota Interstate 35W bridge that collapsed on Wednesday. And to think OUR WONDERFUL PRESIDENT could have saved the bridge!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Bush Administration Killed Increased Highway Repairs In 2004


When a bipartisan majority in Congress suggested increasing the federal excise tax on gasoline back in 2004 for the first time since 1993 to pay for road and bridge projects, the White House threatened to veto the measure because it contained a tax increase. At the time, the White House said they would not support any increase in federal gas taxes to pay for road improvements, and then said that highway needs must be met solely through the existing, woeful level of funding in the highway fund and not the general fund, a position that by all accounts within Congress and among transportation experts shortchanged our true needs to the tune of several hundred billion dollars.
But the White House says "let's not politicize this", like they did to cover up their negligence after Katrina.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My views on the above article:


How in the world is this man still able to sit in the highest chair in America? When Bill Clinton shacked up with Monica Lewinsky the Republicans were trying to impeach him for his wrong doings. Yes, I think its wrong for a married man to have an affair, but however it was none of our business as to went on between President Clinton and the famous Monica Lewinsky! Okay, maybe he shouldn't have lied, but was it hurting our COUNTRY? For example: tax payers money, bridge repairs etc...??? NO, it was not!


I could go on and on, but however I am not going to wast my breath on a President that is going down as THE WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICA!!!



VOTE FOR JOHN EDWARDS '08


This is just my honest opinion!


Until then...Peace OUT!


Amanda :)

1 comment:

June and Peg said...

This one to me could go either way... if he would have approved it and nothing happened we'd b*tch about the tax. Can't win.

It's tragic that's all there is too it.

Powered By Blogger