Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Brag Time.....


As many of you know that my older brother Ricky has a son name Michael, my loving nephew He is 9 years old and in the third grade. My brother called me to tell me that Mikey passed the TAKS. You know that annoying test they have to take to pass on. Well it's nothing like when we were in school. Which it was called the TAAS. Anyways....in 3rd grade in the loving State of Texas you have to pass the Reading to move on to 4th grade. And he PASSED!!! He was so stressed out and worried that he wasn't going to be able to move on to 4th grade. How crazy is that for 8-9 year olds to worry about passing a test to move on. Just one test will determine that....CRAZY!! My first year to teach for in 2004 I had to help the struggling students with the TAKS. I had one student walk into class crying and was rushed to the nurses office because she was having a panic attack. Now how crazy is that. She was an A-B student all year long and couldn't pass the TAKS because she couldn't pass the test. I am hoping one day this test will be gone forever. A child should never have to worry about passing one test! Just crazy!!! I can see taking it in high school, but not in elemantry school. Okay, off of my band wagon! LOL


CONGRATULATIONS TO MY WONDERFUL NEPHEW...WE LOVE YOU MIKEY :)


****How do I post pics the right way???****

No comments:

Powered By Blogger